Professor, Chinesische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Peking, China
- seit 2017: Senior Research Scientist, Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human Development
- seit 2014: Assistant Director, Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human Development
- 2011 - 2016: Research Scientist, Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human Development
- 2006 - 2011: Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences, Singapore Management University
- 2004 - 2006: Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human Development
- Heuristics in judgment and decision making
- Group decision processes and the wisdom of crowds
- Organizational and managerial decision making
- Cooperation and human cooperative behavior
- Sports forecasting
- Risk communication and literacy in China
Ruggeri, A., Luan, S., Keller, M., & Gummerum, M. (accepted). The influence of adult and peer models on children’s and adolescents’ sharing decisions. Child Development.
Luan, S., & Reb, J. (2017). Fast-and-frugal trees as process models of performance-based personnel decisions. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 141, 29-42.
Tan, J., Luan, S, & Katsikopoulos, K. V. (2017). A signal-detection approach to modeling forgiveness decisions. Evolution and Human Behavior, 38, 21-38.
Luan, S., Schooler, L. J., & Gigerenzer, G. (2014). From perception to preference and on to inference: An approach-avoidance analysis of thresholds. Psychological Review, 121, 501-525.
Verweij, M., van Egmond, M., Kuhnen, U., Luan, S., Ney, S., & Schoop, A. (2014). I disagree, therefore I am: How to test and strengthen cultural versatility. Innovation: the European Journal of Social Science Research, 27, 83-98.
Luan S., Katsikopoulos K. V., & Reimer, T. (2012) When does diversity trump ability (and vice versa) in group decision making? A simulation study. PLoS ONE 7(2): e31043.
Verweij, M., Luan, S., & Nowacki, M. (2011). How to test cultural theory: Suggestions for future research. PS: Political Science and Politics, 44, 745-748.
Luan, S., Schooler, L. J., & Gigerenzer, G. (2011). A signal detection analysis of fast-and-frugal trees. Psychological Review, 118, 316-338.